Elective surgery is being scheduled at this time for both inpatient and outpatient procedures. Please be aware that for elective surgery, patients are required to get a COVID test 3 days prior to surgery, and are required to quarantine for 3 days prior to surgery. Most surgery with Dr. Burns is either outpatient or an overnight stay. Dr. Burns and the staff at SSM DePaul Hospital are working to ensure your risk of exposure is minimized. If you need surgery but would like to wait due to COVID-19 risks or concerns, talk to Dr. Burns about ways to keep you more comfortable until you are ready to schedule surgery.
Please be advised that SSM has policies in place to keep you safe and healthy during your procedure.
- Face covering is required upon entry of all medical buildings.
- Any patient with flu-like symptoms will not be seen.
- Only one visitor is allowed to accompany the patient.
- Additional guidelines may be given at the time of scheduling.
- Social distancing and office sanitation practices will be used.
- Hospital visiting hours are from 10 AM until 6 PM daily.